DQXClarity, heretofore "Clarity", is an amazing program nothing short of wizardry.
This program is able to translate the user interface elements and inject the translation directly into the game.
When passed a translation service's API, the functionality is enhanced even further.
Without an API Key, the following are translated:
- Skill Names
With an API Key, the following are also translated:
- Most NPC Dialogue that does not exist within a cutscene
- Some cutscenes
- The Records screen and the Quest Log there.
- Monster Names
- Player Names
- Party Character Names
- NPC Character Names
- And other stuff!
Point your web browser to Clarity's Github. Download the zipped file DQXClarity.
Unzip Clarity anywhere that is not in C:\Program Files*
- When you download and extract dqxclarity, your antivirus may trigger and flag the program as a virus. This is a false positive and can be ignored, but you may need to make an exception in your antivirus to mark the executable as OK
- Clarity and Dragon Quest X need to be in the same elevation. If you are running DQX as an Administrator, you need to run dqxclarity.exe as an Administrator as well
- Open DQX and make sure your game is on the Announcements screen (the first notice you see when you launch the game)
- Run DQXclarity.exe
- If Python is not installed, you will be prompted to install it. Read the Powershell window for directions
- If DQX is open, the game will translate
- Minimize (do not close) the Powershell window and play
- Any new sessions will require you to simply run dqxclarity.exe again
Inserting your API key.
Launch Clarity and click the grey button labeled "API Service Settings"
- If you are using Google Translate API, check the box for "Use Google Translate API" and paste your API Key in the box and click Save.
- If you are using DeepL, but not paying a subscription, check the box for "Use DeepL Translate API", paste your API key in the box and click Save.
- If you are using DeepL and are also paying a subscription, check the boxes for "Use DeepL Translate API" and "Use DeepL Prop APIs", paste your API key in the box and click save.
Launch Dragon Quest X and log into the game. Continue until you get to the Announcements page. This is the earliest you can launch Clarity. Launch Clarity. Wait a bit. Make some tea or refill you water or something.
Minimize the window and you're done!