|Quest 303: Birth of an Item User (どうぐ使い誕生)|
|Location||Gatara Wilderness (ガタラ原野)|
|Starting NPC||Wardrobe (タンス)|
|Requirements||Quest 34 Complete|
DQX v2 installed
any Monster Book
|Initial Reward||Item Master unlocked|
Master Key key item
|Replay Reward||need info|
|EXP / Fame||None / None|
|Previous Quest||Quest 34||Next Quest||Quest 304|
- Before you begin the quest, buy a Monster Scouting Book. This will save you time later.
- To do this, go to a Tavern in any city and go downstairs to the Monster Tavern. Look for the Slime sign.
- In the Monster Tavern, talk to the Item Vendor and choose a book with a cog icon (examine the item to see it).
- Head to Gatara Wilderness and run to F-4 (the green dot on the map), where you will see a blue floating orb. Inside is the Delcroix Institute.
- Interact with the blue portal, navigate to the end of the cave and pass through the door.
- Talk to Wardrobe. It tasks you with obtaining two items: an Ancient Weapon and an Iridescent Ingot.
- An Ancient Weapon is obtained as a drop from slaying Guardvaark / Skull Garoos monsters in Gatara Wilderness around E-2/E-3.
- An Iridescent Ingot is obtained as a drop from slaying Clockwork Cucko / Gachakokkos monsters in Gatara Wilderness also around E-2/E-3.
- The droprate should be very high, so continue to kill them until you receive the items.
- Head back to the Delcroix Institute and give the Ancient Weapon and Iridescent Ingot to Wardrobe.
- Wardrobe wants you to obtain a Monster Scouting Book. It explains that the book must be a non-magic type of scouting book, specifically. Hopefully you have already done this step.
- Speak to Wardrobe again with the Scouting Book. It tells you to give the book to Delcroix.
- Give the book to Delcroix for a cutscene and your rewards.
- Congratulations on becoming an Item Master!