Quest 480 - Treacherous Friend (獅子身中の虫)
Location - Freedom Village, Ethene Kingdom Area E-4 NPC - Bakumov (バクーモフ) Initial Reward - 1 Phantom Skin Replay Reward - 1 Phantom Beast Bone EXP/Fame - 64600/130 Replay EXP/Fame: 9270/19
- Quest NPC will ask you to dig up evidence that Waghmika is in league with the Ethene army.
- Travel to Frontier Guard Post talk to the NPC standing next to the alchemy pot with water flowing out of it - Bynen (トバイネン) at D-5
- Choose "Yes" to ask him about Waghmika.
- Choose "Yes" to tell him that you and Waghmika are close.
- He asks you to prove it by telling him the name of the magical creature taking care of Waghmika.
- Answer him by typing "モモンタル" in open chat. (See Note below if you do not know how to do this)
- Collect a Dragon Tongue plant from a glowing collection point in the NW of Bantryu Region (the area outside Frontier Guard Post), in the area of the exit to the Abandoned Dominus Mansion (C-2).
- Collect Jadeite from defeating Big Moai (giant stone head) in the Bantryu region, just outside of Frontier Den (B-5/C-5).
- Deliver the items back to Bynen (トバイネン) at Frontier Guard Post D-5 and get a Big ol' Bottle of Water in return, which is a sign of friendship between Wahmika and the Frontier Guard.
- Deliver the water to Bakumov back in Freedom Village to complete the quest.
NOTE: To type "モモンタル" in Japanese in Windows 10:
- Open the game with your system set to Japanese locale either through the system settings or by running the DQ boot exe through Locale Emulator. (https://xupefei.github.io/Locale-Emulator/)
- Install and switch to (ALT+SHIFT) Japanese IME (text entry) in your Windows settings. (https://www.thewindowsclub.com/install-japanese-keyboard-on-windows-10)
- Use SHIFT+ENTER to open up the text box, and choose the "Nearby" light gray box if it is not already in focus by using CTRL+Right Arrow.
- Type "momon" SPACE "taru"